5.2.17 Global Website Update below...
We’ve recently completed brand-new enhancements to BerkshireHathawayHS.com that together represent yet another step in our overall international expansion strategy. The goal of these enhancements is simple: We want to singularly support you to drive more international traffic to our website so your listings are seen by more customers around the world. Here are a few key enhancements:
- We’ve enhanced the site to provide two additional foreign languages to our list: Russian and Korean.
- BerkshireHathawayHS.com is also unique in that unlike most of our competitors whose international features are separate from the company’s main website, this is one functional website, easily accessed by users around the world on any desktop or mobile device.
- We’ve also added the ability to translate all our US listings (about 91% of all listed properties in the US), which means our international viewers can search and find information on more properties, in more areas and in more detail than on our competitors’ websites. Commercial listings, rentals, land – all property types are translated on our site.
- For the Description area, international viewers have the option to click the “Translation” button just under the Description title. This button only appears when users select a language other than English. Clicking this button displays the description in both English and in the translated language. While almost all the information on our website is translated by actual linguists, we are using machine translation for the first time in the Agent Description/Remarks area. This section of the listing details can be changed and/or updated by an agent at any time, even daily. Given the nature of this data, it is best to allow for instant translation rather than encounter any delay in getting the content returned. Customers may choose to enable this feature using BING (Microsoft) translation though they should note the translation of this content is subjective and may not be exactly word-for-word.
- If the Contact Form is submitted in any language other than English, the site will be able to detect the language setting and translate it before routing the lead through our system. The agent accepting the lead will be able to see that the message has been translated from the original language.
Should you have any additional questions about our latest enhancements to BerkshireHathawayHS.com, please feel free to contact Peter Turtzo (Sr. VP International Expansion) at email@example.com. More details below...
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Expands Abroad
Website Is its Global Ambassador
You may have already noticed an international flair to BerkshireHathawayHS.com. That’s because Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices is expanding globally starting this year. The process begins by focusing on ways our U.S. franchisees can leverage an international presence to generate more business and win more listings.
Our initial gateway abroad is our website. Thanks to sweeping upgrades nearly a year in the making, BerkshireHathawayHS.com has become the industry’s first site showcasing to the world the complete property database in all markets served by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices network members, including our network’s own listings – translated into 10 foreign languages.
Here are the facts:
- Real estate consumers abroad have a new friend when shopping for real estate in the United States: BerkshireHathawayHS.com.
- With one click they may choose their language – Chinese, French (European), French (Canadian), German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazilian), Portuguese (European), Spanish (Latin American) and (European) – and our website instantly translates
- Site translations are performed and checked by linguists – not machines – so they are clean, accurate and respectful.
- Our site seamlessly converts currency and measurements.
Read the June 2016 Inman article regarding our new international syndication.
The story gets better from here …
- Global consumers who register at BerkshireHathawayHS.com may search for homes in any city or state serviced by our franchisees. What they’ll find they can’t get anywhere else: full MLS data containing all listings in their search area, including Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices listings.
- When competitors claim they represent all U.S. listings to global consumers, they’re generally presenting listings voluntarily contributed by broker-members of the MLS. That’s a big difference.
- As consumers register on BerkshireHathawayHS.com, they unlock proprietary “Inside Access” features including the latest pending and sold information, specialized market reports and property-price history.
Syndicating our listings abroad in a big way …
- To complement our international platform, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices has teamed with Worldposting to syndicate network listings abroad.
- Most of the network’s residential listing priced at $200,000 and above will be broadcast to 70 real estate websites serving consumers in 37 countries on five continents.
- Text and pictures are updated daily and sent automatically to many of the world’s hottest search sites including...
International Expansion, Phase 2
With global gateways established for Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices and Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Blake, Realtors, attention in 2017 will turn to franchise sales abroad in major financial centers and their feeder markets. These are prime financial and luxury cities where the Berkshire Hathaway name is prevalent.
Primary targets include London, Berlin, Munich, France, Madrid, Italy, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, China and Singapore.
The Most Exciting Story in Global Real Estate
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices’ international expansion will take place in careful, calculated steps. BerkshireHathawayHS.com gives our network a huge first leap by opening up the world to our listings and providing the full MLS database through our branded website.
Our site positions us for international business, showcasing our listings, capturing leads and generating buy-side transaction opportunities. As important, these upgrades will help us to secure more domestic and high-end listings.
Take a tour today at www.BerkshireHathawayHS.com.
To support the network’s global expansion, we began offering exclusive National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) Certified International Property Specialist (CIPS) designation training. Instruction prepares our agents how to work with the varying cultural and procedural differences of our international clientele. Completion of the five CIPS classes readies attendees to apply for the coveted NAR CIPS designation.
To date, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices has graduated four CIPS series classes with over 50 candidates for the designation.
Scott MacGowan, a Luxury Collection Specialist with Hawai‘i Realty, said he’s better equipped to manage international buyers after receiving his CIPS designation. "As you may or may not know, Hawaii is a very big draw for international buyers from Japan, China, Singapore, Australia and beyond," he said. "I think all Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices agents should get the CIPS designation. You may not have any international buyers now, but chances are you will in the near future!"
More than 800 Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices agents are currently enrolled in network CIPS classes. Associates login to our www.bhhsresource.com LearnCenter REsourceto access) to learn more about the CIPS designation and upcoming classes.